- sunserv30
- Jason Shaw
- JP
- Adon
- The Latter Gays
- Catholic Boy and
- Morgenländer
I'm happy you've chosen to follow, and I hope you'll continue to consider my blog worth reading. I'll welcome your comments.
sunserv30 is on something called experienceproject.com — It seems to be an internet community, but I'm not a member, so I can't tell you more about him.
Jason Shaw is a guy from Brighton, England, whose comments I've enjoyed reading. He has two blogs. One is called Gay World News, and it's just what you'd expect from the title. From what I see, it picks up stories that are worth publishing. The other blog is called The Seafront Diaries. (Brighton is on the south coast of England, if any of you who didn't already know.) It's a journal type blog, telling of his doings and giving his animadversions. Interesting reading.
JP blogs from Washington, where he is attending a university (and I think it's the one I went to, but he hasn't actually named it). He calls his blog Une Vie Compliquée and describes it like this: "The personal blog of a semi-closeted college freshman going about his daily life and the joys, challenges, struggles, and surprises it presents to him, whether it be school, his peers, or the occasional rogue deer running into the road. Join Me, Won't You?"
Adon, if memory serves, is a MoHo*, with a wife. I thought he had a blog, but dashboard doesn't link a profile for him, and google is not helpful. If anybody can give a link, I'll be happy to post it, and if I find one, I'll let you know.†
The Latter Gays has a blog of the same name. It is also a journal type blog, and worth checking out. As you can guess, he is also a MoHo; and like many other gay Mormons, struggles with his church's attitude toward homosexuals and homosexuality (as do many Catholics and members of other conservative denominations). Here's how he describes himself: "If I let my mother write this description she would say something like I'm the funniest, smartest, and biggest hearted man around, and then ask for the phone numbers of any single girls who might like to date me. I would then want to quantify that statement by saying: A.) -- If you enjoy jokes found on Bazooka gum wrappers, then you might think I'm funny. B.) -- I'm smart enough to beat all my friends and family watching afternoon Jeopardy. And C.) -- my big damn heart is what seems to get me into most of the trouble in my life. Anything else you want to know just ask! I love comments and emails, and don't be shy. I promise I am super nice! (My mother would say I am anyway!)"
Catholic Boy is, from what I've seen of his blog, titled Victory of Faith, a traditionalist who, like me, accepts the Catholic Church's position on homosexuality (not a sin to be homosexually oriented, but don't have sex with guys if you're a guy). He finds interesting material to post about, such as in a recent post about Mika, who still believes despite his doctrinal dissents. Much of the blog deals with matters of government, public affairs, and current events, with his Catholic take on them, in addition to specifically religious matters and gay-related items.
Morgenländer is in Bremen, Germany. Much of his blog, Morgenländers Notizbuch, is in English, and it gives interesting literary and religious quotes.
So I invite you to check out these blogs. I'm sure you'll find something of interest.
While I'm at it, let me call your attention to an interesting blog I recently happened on. It is titled pervivir, and it is the blog of a 21 year old Chilean university arts student named Gustavo Solar. The blog gives photographs of performance art he has done over the past couple of years and there are links to other photos as well as to a number of vimeo videos of some of the more recent performances. For many of the earlier performances, there are extensive descriptions of the concept, as well as the materials used. Unfortunately it's all in Spanish, and, while I might be able to take the time to puzzle out the meaning of a sentence or two, there is too much for me, with words outside my very limited vocabulary whose meaning isn't immediately obvious. But it is clear that the performances have some real thought behind them and are genuine art.
Also, a note about my blogroll. You will note that it is very extensive. I have never pruned it. So if there was ever a blog that I added, it is still there. This may make it appear formidable. But I think it is still useful to show who has posted recently, and maybe to get a reminder of a blog you don't follow, but have occasionally found interesting.
If you're following my blog, and I haven't included yours in my roll, let me know. FYI, I generally don't list blogs which seem to be intended only or principally to show pictures of naked or half-naked men. There needs to be something worthwhile.
Notes added November 2:
* MoHo is a term Mormon Homosexuals use for themselves — kinda clever "inversion" (lol) of homo.
† I've tracked down Adon's blog. It's called Forever Silent. Since he started this summer, he has given a frank, sometimes explicit, sometimes amusing, sometimes poignant account of his years of discovery. Check it out.

6 comments:
Thanks for the mention buddy! Keep up the good work.
God bless!
Thanks for the shout out!
Hi Joe will try to read this morgenlaenders guy blog, hope you're fine.
Thanks for the comments, guys.
@ Martin — I'm fine, thanks, but not commenting much these days. I think you'll enjoy Morgenländer's blog.
Hi Joe,
thanks ever so much for recommending my blog! I enjoy readimg yours quite a lot.
Morgenländer
I'm enjoying your blog, Morgenländer — glad you like mine.
Post a Comment