Friday, January 21, 2011

The Big Six Eight

That's right, folks. If I survive for another five hours or so, at 10:02 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, January 21, 2011, I'll have been breathing the air of this planet for 68 years.

As birthdays go, it has been fairly uneventful. Snow kept me in until a little while ago, so I didn't get out to treat myself to a special breakfast or lunch. But plowman plowed my driveway and the neighbor snowblew my walks, so all I had to do was shovel away the big drift that the town plow left at the end of my driveway. When I had done that, I went downtown and got a 1 2/3 pound lobster to boil for my dinner. And there are cards from my brothers, and the brother who lives in Boston will be taking me to dinner in a nice restaurant on Sunday to celebrate the occasion, so I've got that to look forward to. So it's turning out to be a happy birthday after all.

6 comments:

Mister Ed said...

Happy Birthday, young fellow!

Anonymous said...

Ah, an Aquarian - like my mother!

Happy birthday, mister!

Seth said...

NG wishing you a wonderful, happy and amazing (if somewhat cold) happy birthday, all the best to you!!

*super big Sethboyardee Birthday Hugs and an extra smooch!!*

:)

Bror said...

Happy Birthday Dude!

Zack J. said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful year and great things in your life.

naturgesetz said...

Thanks to all of you for your kind wishes!