Thursday, May 19, 2011

Moderate Fundamentalist; A Night at the Opera

Moderate Fundamentalist
Moderate Fundamentalist has pointed out that he has another blog, titled Ecce Homo (Latin for "Behold the man," the words of Pontius Pilate when he brought Jesus out to the crowd in the Gospel of John). This is more concerned with religious matters than the other one. Often the subject also has something to do with homosexuality or homosexuals. Usually the posts have links to items which are being referenced. So it's an informative blog which could be of interest to a large number of my readers. So take a look.

A Night at the Opera
As I mentioned in a recent post, last night was a night at the opera for me. "Il Trovatore" is one of my favorite operas, and it was good to be able to see it again, even in a video recording. I saw it at the old Metropolitan Opera House something over 50 years ago. It was a good performance, and the music itself is great, IMO. The only real problem, from my point of view was that the volume was set too high. This was not a problem in previous operas I attended in this format. Maybe it was because this time I was in the next to last row, whereas the other times I was near the front. Perhaps we were too close to the speakers.


I gave my companion a ride to and from the theater, and we had time for supper at a Japanese-Chinese restaurant near the theater before the show. Afterwards, I had to bring him directly home, because he has to get up early in the morning for his job. It was pleasant being with him, and I hope we'll  have more occasions to get together.

No comments: