Sunday, May 13, 2012

Visit from a Wandering Pom

Last Thursday, "A Wandering Pom" was in Boston as part of his tour of the United States and Canada. We arranged to meet in Boston at 10:00 in the morning, and I was able to show him some of "my" Boston. Highlights, from my point of view, were the Harvard Musical Association Building, where I go for a dozen or so concerts each year, and lunch at the Scollay Square restaurant, where I usually have dinner before HMA concert evenings.

We strolled around and I also showed him Beacon Hill, including Louisburg Square; King's Chapel (a Unitarian church that uses the Anglican Book of Common Prayer); the monuments to the 1956 Hungarian uprising and the Irish Famine, and some other spots that I thought might be interesting (Frog Pond on Boston Common, Union Club, Episcopalian Cathedral, spire of Old North Church, Public Garden, including "Make Way for Ducklings" sculptures).

He had also met another blogger from hereabouts, named Max, and he had hoped that we could all get together after lunch. Unfortunately, he did not receive Max's texts, so that didn't happen. But apart from that, it was a successful visit, IMO.

Mark, the Wandering Pom, is a very congenial man, easy to talk to, pleasant to be with, and I'd be happy to have an occasion to see him again.

1 comment:

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, naturgesetz

Many thanks for your kind words, and your hospitality in Boston. I very much enjoyed the tour - it's always interesting to see a place through someone else's eyes, and you showed me many aspects of Boston that I missed on my previous visit. I'm looking forward to a repeat visit, or maybe seeing you on my side of the Atlantic.

Take care

Mark