Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Welcome New Followers — 2012/07/17

I seem to have acquired four followers when I wasn't looking. They are FJ, Edmund Nuremberg, sacerdos viennensis, and Wandering Pom. Thank you all for following. I hope you'll continue to find my blog worth following.

FJ has a blog titled "FJ's Blurbs: A Man Searching for Himself." He is very faithful to journaling his daily experiences as he struggles with depression and sexual temptations. Here is how he describes himself. "I am a young man who lives in New York.I am 42 years old and I am still searching for myself.I am looking to meet new male friends for friendship and bonding and to just be as they are.I yearn to be one of the guys because I am a guy myself and I want to belong in the world of men.That is all that I want and ask for.I am looking to make new male friends. I struggle with Same Sex Attractions(SSA)and I have bipolar depression(BPD) with schizophrenic tendencies." While the blog seems mainly for his own purposes in keeping a journal of what occurs in his life, I occasionally post a comment  to try to encourage to him in his struggles.


Edmund Nuremberg does not have a blog listed on the page that shows when I click on his profile picture in the bloglist. If you have a blog, Edmund, I'd be happy to know of it.


sacerdos viennensis (Latin for Viennese priest) is a priest of the Archdiocese of Vienna. He has two blogs, sacerdos viennensis, which contain brief comments or reflections on various religious or spiritual topics (sort of a "thought for the day"), and Maria dich lieben, in which he posts items related to the Virgin Mary (pilgrimage sites, accounts of the apparitions at Fatima, etc. Both blogs contain many photographs, including many flowers and other items from nature, as well as specifically church;y items. Both blogs are in German, so they may be of interes especially to my German readers and those who understand German.


Wandering Pom is already familiar to many of you. I was surprised to see him listed as my newest follower. His blog is titled "Notes from a Wandering Pom," and although it has been quiet since his return to England from the U.S., it's interesting reading when he posts.


Note: When I posted this, I thought a Wandering Pom's blog had disappeared. Now I have realized it is still there, and I've corrected the preceding paragraph.

7 comments:

Steven Lester said...

I was wondering if you ever had heard from Andy Delacruz (or gayandy as his site was known)? He went down to Central America and just disappeared off the face of the map. This month contains his 18th birthday.

naturgesetz said...

Steven —

No, I haven't heard from Andy. I don't remember precisely how I fell out of touch, but I think at some point, after a succession of blogs, he turned to facebook or twitter as his primary medium, and I didn't want to follow. (It's nothing personal about Andy — I just don't feel like going from following someone's blog to following them on those other media.) Anyway, however it happened, I was no longer hearing from him via blogging.

I'm a bit curious about what was the reason he went to Central America. Also was there anything from him after he went there, or did communication cease at that time? If the latter, maybe he just can't get internet access.

In any case, I hope he's okay and doing well. He's such a kind-hearted and loving young man.

Steven Lester said...

Andy left for Central America with his mom and younger brother because they had family there and the economy had forced the mother to leave, as she wasn't able to find adequate employment. Although he was living with his father at the time, in Mexico, his mom asked him to go with her and he agreed to, although he wasn't required to, because, as he explained in his last letter to us who loved his kind heart, "she's been a good mom and needs my help right now." Then he disappeared off the face of the earth. He included a Google Maps picture of where he was moving to and yes, it looked pretty remote.

I just hope that he pops up at some point, so that I can see whatever happened to him. He had rare heart, as you say.

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, naturgesetz

Thanks for your kind words - I thought it was about time I started following this blog.

Meanwhile, I seem to be having the same sort of problems sending e-mail to you that Martininbroda was having last month - I've sent a couple of messages in the last week or two, and they don't seem to have got through. I'll try again from a different address shortly.

Take care

Mark

naturgesetz said...

Hi Mark,

I've reviewed your e-mails. There were a few around the beginning of July concerning my upcoming trip and a former blogger. The latest was on July 10, and I just found that my reply to it had not been sent — not sure if that was my failure to hit send or the system's failure to execute the command. In any case, it was in my Drafts folder for the past nine days. I've now sent it.

If you've sent me something since July 10, it doesn't seem to have gotten through. Martin is able to reach be at naturgesetz@gmail.com when comcast wont let his e-mails through.

BTW, since I wrote the reply which I just sent, I have had a response from the former blogger.

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, naturgesetz

Thanks for the various confirmations: I'm now fairly sure you have received all the e-mails I've sent.

Take care

Mark

A Riddle of England said...

Hi naturgesetz!

For some reason my profile had changed to my Google profile, which doesn't list my blog, rather than my blogger one, which does. I've changed it back now. My blog is here.