Monday, April 20, 2015

Change of Seasons

This week marks the transition from winter, broadly speaking, to summer, broadly speaking. I'll be going to Boston on three successive evenings for the last of types of events until next fall (autumn) and one next to last. It will be a play on Wednesday, the penultimate Boston Symphony concert on Thursday, and the final Harvard Musical Association evening on Friday. Then on Saturday, the yacht club officially opens for the summer at noon.

I'll be helping to run sailboat races on various weekends and a few evenings from May 30 through September 26. Symphony will resume in October, as will HMA. The club will officially close at the end of October. Baseball season overlaps both ends, beginning in early April and running through October. I'll watch most Red Sox games on TV.

So as April ends my focus shifts from attending events in Boston to sailboat races and televised baseball games, and that's how it is through September. Of course, church is big all year.

No comments: