What he actually says in this article in the Times (of London) Online, is that Africa needs Christianity.
I won't try to summarize or highlight. Just read it if you dare.
And thanks to A. Friend at Trinidad. Adventist. Gay?!
http://trinidadsdagay.blogspot.com/for calling my attention to this.

7 comments:
i agree i think if a country gonna do any good they have 2 beieve in something.
I may have misspoke- I want to arbitrarily define human life with respect to protection of rights at birth. Again- for me its more important that we allow a woman the right to choose, as opposed to performing dangerous self-abortions or neglecting the rest of society with the high cost of increased poverty and crime. Are you yourself adopting children to keep them from orphanages? We already have a huge problem with children that cannot be placed in loving families.. adoption will NOT scale to add 2+ million more births.
And I'm sorry but you are incorrect about overpopulation. Its really simple- our birth rates historically have always increased in the long term. This is why there are almost 7 billion people now, and there weren't 1000 years ago. The normal evolutionary mechanisms to keep population sizes in check cannot keep up with human ingenuity. We are fighting disease too quickly, we are manipulating resources too efficiently. It will be placed into check at some point- but many will have to die. This isn't a tragedy, but it is a loss of life.
I am done now- I will agree that the typical procedure of abortion is tragic and should be avoided within all reason. I know that I myself could probably never have one, if I were in that position, but my personal beliefs (naive or otherwise) is not going to prevent safe access to one for others.
Steve
SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY...
Thank you all for the comments!
(For those who are wondering about the comment from Planetx_123, it continues a discussion we were having on Mirrorboy's blog. He invited us to take it elsewhere. I'll probably answer on Planetx_123's (Steve's). )
Apparently Steevo has his sources.
It's your birthday?!
Happy Birthday!
I'm glad you liked the article. You never know what you'll find in the British press sometimes.
Slowly, through faithful Christians (much like yourself actually!) God is reclaiming his good name from the gutter--where so-called Christians (some of them) have thrown it.
I guess I'm a little late:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Peter.
Better late than never. Actually, I could say this extends the celebration to a week. My older brother took me to dinner in a fancy restaurant last Sunday because he was going to be home in Boston on the day itself (Wednesday). I got myself a lobster on Wednesday and boiled it. And now I've got more good wishes. So the celebration continues!
Post a Comment