Thursday, September 17, 2009

Welcome — September, 17, 2009: Charlie S

A warm welcome to my newest follower, Charlie S, a high school student. I noticed that I had a new follower a couple of days ago, but when I clicked on the icon , I got nothing back.* Now, he has commented on one of my posts, and I've found his blog.

The blog is titled Boyintree, and it contains some wonderfully evocative writing. In trying to think how to describe it further, I thought of some of the slow movements in Beethoven concertos: there is great beauty combined with a deep sense of longing that is almost unbearable at times — I think of it as longing for heaven. Sometimes it is explicitly sad, and sometimes it is calm. Anyway, check it out and see for yourself. As of now, there are not many posts, so you can easily read it all.

* Edit 3:35 p.m., Sept. 17 — Thanks to Baz for pointing out that when I followed blogs, the same problem occurred and thanks for also pointing out the solution. Now everybody I follow can find me, and if you're as much a technological neophyte as I am, you might find the link helpful too.

7 comments:

Baz said...

But your blog doesn't show up when I click your pic in the Followers block either!
Have a look here and change that.

naturgesetz said...

@ Baz — Thanks for the link and the suggestion. I tried to follow it and link to my profile (since I have two blogs plus joint authorship of the one about Razz). Can you check and see if it's working?

Baz said...

@ng - Yes it's done. Checked it out on Charlie S' blog - clicking on you in the followers brings up your profile.
Might edit the original post to that effect.

Baz said...

@ng - thanks for the plug on fixing this problem. The more blogs it appears on, hopefully the more bloggers will change it and we'll all be able to follow / link more easily.
Technically, it goes back to the days when Friends Connect and Blogger were "independent". Google merged them, but not very well, surprise!
Comments link back to blogger profiles, which do by default display the blogger's blogs. The followers gadget links back to Friends Connect, which doesn't show blogs unless you specifically add them.

Charlie said...

Thank you for the really nice welcome and comment on my blog and thank you for saying nice things about my writing, it made me happy. I have tons of questions about faith that I'd like to ask, would it be okay if I emailed you?

naturgesetz said...

@ Baz — That's actually understandable. I guess "we should all be friends." lol

@ Charlie — Feel free to e-mail me. I'd be happy to hear from you and discuss your questions.

Mark said...

Thanks for the link to his blog. I love his writing.