Happy Passover to my Jewish readers. I had intended to post this yesterday, before the festival began, but I got busy and preoccupied and it slipped my mind until I saw Sethboyardee's post.
Best wishes to all for a great celebration of liberation!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
thanks NG! I would enjoy your perspective on why this holy day is not observed in the Christian churches - given that the entirety of Christianity would not have existed if the Jews had not been led from slavery into Jesus' birthplace
Sorry to have let this slide.
I think what happened was that when Christians and Jews came to see themselves as separate, the Christians came to see the celebration of Holy Week and Easter as the fulfillment of Passover. Jesus was the Paschal Lamb, Baptism the crossing of the Red Sea from slavery (to sin) to freedom (of the children of God), the Eucharist the unleavened bread and the manna in the desert. That is why the date of Easter is, like Passover, calculated from the full moon following the vernal equinox.
Post a Comment