Friday, August 13, 2010

High School 50th

Well, here's a drive-by post from me.

My high school class is having our 50th reunion this weekend: mixer tonight, walking tour, lunch, and dinner-dance(?) tomorrow, and farewell brunch on Sunday. I'll be attending, although, introvert that I am, I'm not looking forward to it. Once I get there I'll be okay. There are a couple of classmates I want to see (especially "Bruce," "Marty," and "Jack"from my first "Self Awareness" post), and most of the others are not bad.

6 comments:

iam_callen said...

have fun at your reunion :)

Mister Ed said...

Hope you have fun at the reunion. I so admire your courage.

My 50th college reunion is this October. T'ain't no way I will attend. I am afraid that when I see all those "old people" who I haven't seen since they were in their early 20s, the shock would be too great. I would be forced to admit that I am an "old people" too! I am so not ready for that. It requires a degree of emotional maturity I have yet to attain.

Joe said...

I attended my 50th in 2008. It was the first one I went to. It wasn't as bad as I feared, but I can't say I really enjoyed it. I arrived at the hotel not long before dinner was served. When the dinner and the speeches were over, it was just like last period in school when the bell rang. Everyone disappeared. I walked to my car and drove off into the night.

Seth said...

Hey I hope you had a wonderful time - all those old memories can be quite powerful.

*hugs*

Dean Grey said...

Time to put on your dancing shoes!

-Dean

Anonymous said...

A little late, but YOU? Introverted? Maybe in real life, but not here! I enjoy reading your posts, and I realize that so much of the Catholic church's teachings seem to apply to so many other denominations - to one degree or another.

I went to a reunion of church friends from the 70's a few weeks ago. It was kind of a last minute thing, so we're planning a much larger gathering next year. Wow! What a blast! I hope I make it to my 50th reunions of everything!

Peace <3
Jay