Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Welcome — August 9, 2010

It seems it's more than five months since I welcomed any of my new followers. Not that there are a lot, LOL, but I really do feel pleased when someone finds something interesting enough about my blog that he wants to see what more I say.

Since last February, I have gained the followership of

  • Nelo,
  • Rex,
  • Jack,
  • dursus,
  • The World According To …,
  • Waiting For John,
  • Ed Wolf, and
  • Justin Perez.
Nelo's blog, Nelo: An Introspect, tells of his life in Victoria, Australia, as a 20-something university student dealing with issues of family, work, university obligations and people, and of course the search for real love. I find it very interesting, and I comment frequently.

Rex calls himself, "A writer/athlete who works hard to keep in shape, who enjoys getting to know new friends, and hanging with old friends... I like to know what you're thinking, so if you have any ideas, let me know! Gratuitous compliments also accepted..." He calls his blog Speed o' Rex. It's basically a picture blog. I don't see any full frontal nudity, as the title may suggest.

Jack says, "Unhappy with the way I began 2010, I aim to enter 2011 with some deep changes. This blog is my record of the progress I make towards being a better man." He calls his blog "Revising Jack." It is a journal of a 29 y/o teacher in Australia. Frankly, I hadn't looked at it until just now, but I want to follow it and learn of his struggles and his progress.

If dursus has a blog, it doesn't show when I click his image on my dashboard.

There have been no postings on The World According To … since last May. The profile modestly says, "The World According To is the premier website for gay men with forums full of Celebrity Gossip, Music, Gay Lifestyle, Films and an archive with over 15,000 pictures of Naked Male Celebrities. There is something for everyone, and what's more, it is completely free to sign up and join in with the discussions."

Waiting for John says, "Whilst waiting for John I pass my time staring at screen-savers, reading ingredient lists and old phone books. I encourage spam mail and try to make friends with the spammers. I count tiles, bricks and tins of soup and enjoy the sound of lawnmowers." The blog has the same title. I'm not sure how to describe it. It has a novelistic feel to it as it seems to tell of what is happening in Tristram Spencer's life.

Ed Wolf doesn't have a blog which shows on my dashboard.

Justin Perez's blog doesn't show on my dashboard either, but I know about it because he e-mailed me. The blog is also titled Justin Perez. In his profile he says, "I'm shy, but nice. I try to be a good Christian." That seems like a pretty good description. The blog is occasional thoughts of his on various topics: his doings and other topics. I find it interesting.


I want to thank everybody for following, although I must admit, there are a couple of followers whose interest surprises me, and I'm afraid there are a couple of photo-type blogs which I can't honestly recommend. Whether you follow them is for your conscience. Check them all out and see what you think. I particularly like Nelo, Jack, and Justin Perez, and I recommend their blogs. But anyway, I'm grateful for the interest, and I hope all my followers find something worthwhile here.

No comments: