Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

Two years ago I posted about this holiday the day before it happened. As I write, it is Memorial Day where I live. I attended the ceremonies at Memorial Park and watched the parade as it marched off to the cemetery for further exercises. I'm really proud of my town for hoplding on to this way of observing the holiday.

later this afternoon I'll go to a homeless shelter and help cook dinner for the clients. It's something that a group I'm in does on fifth Mondays of months, which occur four times a year. I generally join once or twice, since we aren't all needed every time.

I hope everybody has a good day and takes at least a moment to remember with gratitude all those who served in our country's armed forces, especially those who gave their lives for our defense.

1 comment:

Jacob Woods said...

The best goes out to you as well!