Thursday, September 22, 2011

Welcome New Followers — 2011/09/21

I thought I had three or four new followers since the last time I welcomed new ones. Actually there are 8!

First in of the eight is We are getting to know each other. He describes himself as follows. "I am 18 the age younger people want to be and older people will look back to for fond memories. Will I? Basically I feel lost; i dont know who i am, where i am going, and why i do anything. This is for relief and support if anyone is out there. I am gonna see it as Blog Therapy." He has two blogs: Lost Youth, which is a journal type blog, to which he posted sporadically, but hasn't since June 12; and Journey To Me, to which he made two posts last January. Apparently the followers and comments didn't come fast enough and he got discouraged. If he's still reading, I'd just like to say that things start off slow, but the more you comment and follow other blogs, the more readers and comments you are likely to get. So readers, why not check out what's there, and if you'd like to hear more, leave a comment on one or more posts.

Next is the.island.guy with a blog titled The Island Guy. He says, "Name is Justy. Young college student. Born, raised, and living in Hawaii. 
My little brother told me once that I'm a nightmare; I told him that I'm a dream come true. I want to overcome obstacles, break through barriers, and come out a hero. Cheers! " and, "Young guy here in Hawaii. Incredibly retrospective. If reflecting on the past was a job, I'd already be a millionaire : )" His blog is a combination of current happenings and reminiscences. Take a look.

Next we have Andy, who doesn't have a blog that shows up when I click on his photo on my followers page. So, Andy, thanks for following, and if you've got a blog that you'd like me to look ay, please let me know.

Then there is Joe, who has what appears on its front page to be a gay porno site, which I will not link. I don't know why he'd be following, except as a way of getting additional followers, but if I'm wrong and he's actually here because he is interested in what I say, of course he is welcome to follow. But in good conscience, I can't provide a link to his site.

Next to follow is Adrian, a married Mormon living a straight who has recently made revisions to his blog, Forever Silent, in order to better protect his identity. He tells of childhood and later experiences and his story resonates in some ways with my own as a closeted adult. In others (sexual activity and marriage) it doesn't. If you aren't already familiar with the blog, check it out.

Then we have Mind Of Mine, with a blog of the same name. He describes himself as "Just a gay blogger, blogging about my gay life." Elsewhere he says he's "F***ing it up one day at a time," and, "Old Enough To Know Better. Young Enough Not To Care." He has a journal type blog, which, I'm sorry to say I had neglected to follow before now. It seems he lives in Manchester, England and has been blogging for 3 1/2 years.

My next follower is Erik, with the blog Out Loud. He says, "Hello, this is a redo. I am male 26 years old. I live in Pennsylvania. I am a recent graduate from masters school. I am looking into that black void that is the unknown:), looking to continue on with my life, wherever it may lead. I also happen to be gay. This blog is about me in general, and just things I feel like sharing to the world," and he has been on blogger since June  2010. It kinda sporadic — a journal plus videos blog. Check it out and see what you think.

My newest follower, who just started tomorrow (since it is September 21 here but already Sept. 22 where he is when he started following) is Monsters in the Closet, with a blog titled the same. So far, there is only one post on it, so I suppose the jury's still out, and it's too soon to categorize it. At least there isn't a big backlog to slog through to get up to date. See for yourself.

Thanks to all my followers, I appreciate your interest, and I hope I'll continue to post things that interest you, and give you something enjoyable or thought-provoking. I'm always open to discussion if you care to comment.

No comments: