I just came across this blogpost by Father David Barnes. What struck me first about it was that the same-sex-attracted Evangelical was in a leadership position in his organization. Next and more importantly, his presentation seems to be very consistent with the basic message of St. John Paul II's Theology of the Body, although there was no overt reference to it, and it may well be that the Evangelical has never heard of TOB.
Finally, I think Fr. Barnes is quite right that this sort of thing is what we need in the Catholic Church. John Paul II gave us the material we need. Now we need to have people who will affirm the message in an engaging manner, rather then undercutting it by suggesting that it's not for everybody. And along with that, we need the witness to our welcome to homosexuals which can be given by giving avowed homosexuals places of prominence such as the Evangelical has in his community.
I think Fr. Barnes has hit the nail on the head in this post (as he often does).
An der Grabstätte von Kronprinzessin Cecilie
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment