The title nearly says it all. I hope all readers will have a very merry Christmastide and a truly Happy New Year.
For me, it will be fairly busy for the next two days, right now washing shirts, then helping out around church this afternoon, at midnight, and in the morning, last minute food shopping today (held off for the senior discount), to aunt's for Christmas dinner. Then it's a bit more relaxed, although sometime before the end of next week I've got to trek in to Boston to renew my geezer card for the discounted subway fare.
I put the candles in the windows a couple of weeks ago, but only this morning got around to putting the wreath on one door and the Christmas tree quilt on another, the nativity scene on the TV, the Christmas tree on the mantel and the olive wood "Joy to the World" cutout in the dining room window. There's also a small wood nativity scene to go somewhere, maybe my prayer room.
Big bro arrived last evening and will stay "for the duration," i.e., until January 2, except for a couple of day trips to Boston to check his mail. So I'll be cooking for two (without mushrooms, except on the side, or peas) and eating for one. Tonight it will either be sautéed shrimp with pasta and alfredo sauce or baked stuffed haddock. I've got a rib roast for Friday, and there should be leftovers for another meal. Saturday or Sunday I'll probably have lobsters. After that, I don't know — maybe a duck for New Year's Eve or Day.
It won't be a white Christmas. It's misty and drizzly right now. Snow would be beautiful, but the warmer temperatures are also welcome, and I'm sure it will feel Christmasy after I've gone to Mass.
So, once more, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
An der Grabstätte von Kronprinzessin Cecilie
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment