Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dreadnought

     I've just discovered this blog, Dreadnought, which has been around since 2004. The blogger is a young Aussie lawyer, writer, and lecturer named John Heard. His blog became so popular and got so many comments that he had to disable comments. But he has a Facebook group where you can discuss his ideas.

     You should all go and check it out. He gives texts of lectures and discussions of various questions (e.g. why he doesn't like "reparative therapy"), and there are links to various columns he has written and radio and TV interviews he has given.

     He discusses the Catholic Church's position on homosexuality in a very learned and knowledgeable way. This makes it must reading for any Catholic, any cradle Catholic, any "recovering Catholic," and any former Catholic. It is also must reading for everybody else who wants to know or to discuss what the Catholic Church says on the subject.

     I could go on talking about him and the blog, but there is no substitute for looking at it yourself. So check it out. And join the Facebook discussion group if you want to talk to him about these things.

     BTW, I've added a link in the bloglist on the left. I may also put a link in with the recommended sites.

No comments: