When I was in college, Dr. Heinrich Rommen, who taught the course titled "The Law and the Laws," often quoted the lines "Quod non capis, quod non vides/ Animosa firmat fides/ Præter rerum ordinem." I think it was to illustrate the difference between the supernatural and natural orders of reality, which in turn referred to the distinction between divine law and human laws.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Lauda Sion Salvatorem
Following up on my post of a couple of days ago, I "had" to give you this article with the text of "Lauda Sion." Unfortunately the English translation isn't very good. I mean it's too free for my taste. Here's a better verse translation, IMO with a literal translation at the bottom of the page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
There exists some good music on this topic, one should make a post about it. :-)
Shall I do it or will you?
You are the expert. Have a good Sunday.
I put it on my music blog:
http://naturgesetz-music.blogspot.com/
Enjoy.
Post a Comment