There are two items whose auction closes on Sunday, August 30. One is a symbolic painting of a broken heart with butterflies, which Dean has explained in a post on his blog. The other is a painting of a strawberry.
I have been the successful bidder on three of Dean's paintings, and I can assure you that Dean takes great care to pack the paintings for shipment in a way which insures that they arrive undamaged, and he sends them promptly when he receives payment. And IMO the artwork is of a quality which makes the prices I have paid real bargains.
So take a look and if any of these items are things you find attractive, why not put in a bid? These aren't copies, or mass-produced prints. These are one-of-a-kind originals by an artist who is our friend. If you are the successful bidder, you will own a beautiful piece of art which nobody else on earth has, at a price which is highly affordable.
Gentlemen, place your bids.

8 comments:
I like the way you write. You have gentleness in your words that conveys a true love and deep felt concern towards the person you are referencing. I admire you.
I´ve read it already yestergay, but I´m more in to the masters like Monet, Renoir or Macke, who had an exhibition in H-town for like half a yr. Propz Pilgrim
Thanks for the compliment, David.
@ Pilgrim — The masters, of course, are considered the masters because their work has been called to the attention of a wide public and has appealed to them. But I certainly don't feel that I must set aside my personal likes and dislikes because of fame. Taste in art is personal and subjective, after all. Macke is definitely lesser known than Monet or Renoir, but that doesn't mean his work is of a lesser quality than theirs.
As it happened, when I saw the samples of Macke's work that were readily available to be seen on the internet, I was not overwhelmed. There were a few nice ones that I could buy a reproduction of, for a price comparable to what I've paid for some of Dean's originals. Given the choice between an original that I like and a mass-produced reproduction that I like for a comparable price, I'll go with the original
Certainly if you have the means to purchase an original Monet, Renoir, or Macke, and one that appeals to you is available, go for it.
Yes I won one of his drawings also, a nude female sketch... I want more than one, but I am afraid he hasn't posted anymore.
Those are nice paintings.
How much does he usually sell them for?
@ Randy — I haven't seen any female nudes from him in the past few weeks. Maybe there will be some later.
@ Jason — He's apparently sold paintings on eBay occasionally for a couple of years. I don't know about most of them. But I've bought three. All three of my winning bids were under $40 and two were under $20. The system allows him to set a minimum bid, and if nobody bids that much, the item isn't sold; but from what I've seen, he usually doesn't have a high minimum amount. So you might as well bid whatever you'd feel comfortable paying. If you bid way more than the next bidder, you only have to pay one dollar more that the other bidder.
checked out his worked he is great! ill keep an eye open when he sales now so when i see the perfect one ill buy it up!
kisses
Dean has another male nude for sale at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200377921660
I bought the last one and it is much more beautiful than the computer screen can display.
BTW, the other side of the drawing has a very nice female nude-- I'm going to have to figure out a creative way to frame both.
Post a Comment