Saturday, February 5, 2011

"The Cripple of Inishmaan"

Last night I went to a performance of the play, "The Cripple of Inishmaan." I laughed! I cried! Well I didn't actually cry, but there were some poignant moments. And I laughed a lot. It's about characters on the Island of Inishmaan when the film company comes to film "Man of Aran" on nearby Inishmore in 1934, and it's being performed in a 21 week international tour by the Druid Theatre Company from Ireland.

Here's the rave review from today's Boston Globe. It gives you something of a synopsis. And you can visit the theater company's website for pictures and a short video trailer of the show. (Click on the picture on the homepage.)

I think it's well worth seeing. So if you can get to

  • Boston
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Dublin, Ireland
  • Ann Arbor
  • Chicago
  • Los Angeles
  • Berkeley
  • Philadelphia
  • Charleston, SC
  • New Haven
  • Galway, or
  • Inis Meáin,

check out the company website again for the dates the tour will come to your area. And if it's Boston you're near, act fast: tomorrow, February 6, is their last day here.

No comments: