Sorry for the interruption to my travelogue. I've been pretty busy with a church project and concerts in Boston Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Wednesday, it was chamber music — a piano recital, Thursday Gustav Mahler's 9th Symphony at the Boston Symphony, and Friday the 1926 opera "Cardillac" by Paul Hindemith.
The symphony concert was remarkable because the Music Director of the BSO, James Levine, who was scheduled to conduct, was physically unable to do so because of severe back pain. In his place, Sean Newhouse, a 30 year old assistant conductor, stepped in on a few hours' notice and led a Boston Symphony concert for the first time. I was there, and he appeared confident and in control the whole time, and he got a standing ovation at the end — well deserved IMO.
Anyway, I should be able to return to posting about my travels, and showing some pics, in another day or two.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I will waiting for it, read the other posts all, just not commented. Hope it's being busy in a good way.
Thanks for reading. Yes, it's been a worthwhile "busy" which is actually continuing. At least I've been able to make a few more posts, and occasional comments on your blog and others.
Post a Comment