Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Warm Sacred Night, Part 3: Praying

I left the restaurant and stepped into moist air, just beginning to form fog, in the mid-fifties Fahrenheit (about 12-13 C), and calm. It felt warm for the season. As I began walking to the HMA for the concert, I also began to pray silently, in my heart. I thanked God for "Seth" and for being able to share the passage from the book with him. I prayed that it would help him on his journey to God. I prayed that God would bless him with a good life and eventually lead him home to himself. I prayed for all the other waiters and others in my life whom I have ever found attractive, that they would all be with God in heaven and know of and be grateful for my prayers for them, even if I were to end up in hell.

I thanked God for the beauty of the warm sacred night. People began to pass me going in the opposite direction — young couples, bunches of young guys — and I loved them and asked God to bless them also. I thanked God again for all the people I have loved and all those to whom I have been attracted and asked that I might be in heaven with them, where my love would be entirely pure, redeemed from any sinful lust.

I walked on, carefully because the moisture and the fallen leaves made the brick sidewalks slippery, and my heart was full of joy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog sucks.

naturgesetz said...

BTW, anon, you just may have hit on the reason even my friend doesn't make any comments.

Unfortunately, I don't have tales of torrid (or lukewarm) sexual escapades to spice it up or accounts of being outed — nothing to elicit either amazement or sympathy — and I've already told of how I found out.

So I don't know what I can offer to make it more interesting for you and all the non-readers. All I've got is food for thought.

Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Eh, delete his comment. If he can't articulate an opinion better than that then it's not worth keeping about. He's just a hater.

I like reading something without sexually explicit content; it gives me variety in my day and gets me think on the other importance of things. :)

naturgesetz said...

Thanks for the encouragement, James.

Of course, if I deleted it at this point, the next few comments wouldn't make much sense. So I guess I'll leave it. But next time, if there is a next time, I'll follow your advice.