Thursday, May 21, 2009

Followers

I noticed yesterday that my follower count has gone up to 21. Because I don't keep careful tabs on who is there I'm not entirely sure who it is. Given the way the avatars appear, it's probably Seth or Boy About Brisbane.

But whoever is No. 21, I want to thank you. And beyond that, I realize that I haven't been saying thanks to the rest of you as you came on board. So let me assure you all that I am grateful to you. It is an honor that you feel that it is worth seeing what I write.

11 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Joe, no post for Ascénsion? It´s still one of our most important holidays, as Our Lord, Jesus Christ made it to his Father.

naturgesetz said...

It seems that No. 21 is actually Seth, of Sethboyardee, in light of his recent post about me. Thanks Seth. And now Mambam is No. 22. Thanks for signing on. I hope you find it worthwhile.

@ Pilgrim — a good suggestion. I'll see if I can get to it.I have already put one of the prayers from the U.S. English language sacramentary in my gadget titled "A Prayer" — which I ought to update more frequently. In case I don't get to putting up a separate post about it, maybe it would be a good idea for you to post something.

naturgesetz said...

And a big thank you to mirrorboy too cos he is pure awesomeness and i loves him.

*giggles*

love

Seth said...

Yay!! following naturgesetz is FTW

:)

naturgesetz said...

The comment dated May 21, 2009 at 7:27 was placed there by a hacker. Mirrorboy is a fine person, but the hacker does him no favors by falsifying compliments as if this were the only way he could get them.

naturgesetz said...

BTW, if anybody knows how this was done,

how I can prevent it from happening in future (other than comment moderation),

and how I can track down the culprit and get him banned from blogger,

I'd appreciate the info.

Mirrorboy said...

OH MY GOD

it was me ffs :P

Take a joke much. lol. sorry -_-

naturgesetz said...

that's cool, mboy.

I thought the language sounded like someone from ozland. lol (although I was thinking more of a different aussie, one who likes you a lot, lol)

But I am seriously worried not that I know that it is possible for someone to use my identity for a post. How can I prevent a bad guy from doing it?

Mirrorboy said...

I thought it was quite obviously me cos it was about me, then i 'giggled' and also signed off with 'love'. :P

But it's quite easy to do.

1. In the comment box below the actual comment you're writing, select 'Name/URL'.

2. In 'Name' write 'naturgesetz'.

3. In 'URL' paste naturgesetz's blogger profile address.

But it's easy to tell who is real and who is not, because when the comment shows up, the real person will have the blogger icon (the orange B) next to their name, and the fake will have a grey outline of a person next to theirs. Also, if the real person has a picture with their profile, the faker can't make a picture appear on theirs.

:)

love

Mirrorboy said...

BTW you can use anybody's identity on a comment.

lol

naturgesetz said...

The comment dated May 22, 2009, 9:33 p.m., was not really by Mirrorboy.

Mirrorboy is not only pure awesomeness and I love him, but he's also a font of information about how Blogger works.

I was afraid the comment with my name on it which I didn't make, meant that someone had actually hacked into my account. It's a big relief to know that is not the case. It's also nice to know how to recognize a phony identity if the comments.

Cheers, Mirrorboy.