Friday, May 22, 2009

Welcome — May 22,2009

Welcome to two new followers. No.23 is Nate, whom I hadn't met before and who has three thoughtful blogs. At least the two I looked at are. And then No. 24 is Tyler, whom many of you probably already know through his blog, "thoughts of a gay boy in high school." Since Nate has several blogs, I've hyperlinked his profile so you can check them all out from there. I've hyperlinked Tyler's blog directly.

Why not check them out?

6 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Just read your synopsis, and in fact, it was no news to me. I look rather for how to explain the service itself. I mean, I can hardly say, it´s like a requiem,tghogh it is alike.

naturgesetz said...

Now I'm not sure what you want.

Apparently the French custom is different from the American. Here, when we have a Mass for someone after the funeral, we just have a regular daily Mass with opening prayer, prayer over the gifts, and prayer after Communion taken from those provided for Masses for the dead.

I believe that an Anglican would be aware of the meaning of the Mass because Anglican belief and ritual for a Holy Communion service is quite similar to the theology and ritual of an ordinary Catholic Mass.

But if there are things that are done that would be different from an ordinary Mass, I'll need to know just what they are before I can explain them.

naturgesetz said...

Oh, and Pilgrim, perhaps since this is really just a conversation between us, it might make sense t conduct it by e-mail. You can get my e-mail address by clicking email on my profile page.

But if you want to have the convo in public, that's okay too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Pilgrim said...

I like it rather in public, since even the agnostics can learn from us.It seems to be indeedy different, since we have more songs in service, and the Ave Maria amongst our prayers. Btw.,m Ste. called me some time earlier, telling me, he wants to stay in contact w/me only,since we met during this "french wankers" incident. No bad feelings, Joe! :-)

Tyler said...

thanks for the note!