Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Survival

I'm back home from the hernia repair. I seem to have survived. Surgery was at 8:30 local time. I was awakened in recovery shortly after 10:00. We stopped off on the way home to pick up my prescriptions, a Snickers® bar, and the Boston Herald.

Apparently the anæsthetic hasn't entirely worn off yet, because I'm not in any pain, or even discomfort. At most, the area is slightly tender.

The only disappointment is that despite the fact that I had local anæsthesia, I fell asleep before the operation started, so I was not able to follow the procedure and carry on a scintillating conversation with my surgeon. Oh well, maybe I can get one on the left side, and sleep a lot more the night before the operation.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.o

I'm glad you're alright! Morphine is a wonderful thing, that's probably what you're feeling. And they would have given you an extra dose right before you left.

Peter said...

Glad to know you are doing OK

naturgesetz said...

All they gave me after I woke up was three slices of toast and two cups of black coffee.

But I've got my vicodin in case it starts to give me pain.

Anonymous said...

Is there anything in the Bible about selling unused prescription pills?

Kidding! Hope the rest of your recovery goes well.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went ok. But you really shouldn't feel like you have to update us. Kick back, relax and rest up. We know you're ok now so you can recover. But I do hope to hear from you soon.

Ryan said...

glad your doing ok. and pills omg dont we love them!

Doug said...

yay for a successful surgery! and yay for vicodin! :)

naturgesetz said...

So far, the pain hasn't been bad enough or persistent enough to get me to take the vicodin.

There's an ache in the area of the incision when I'm standing up, very mild or nonexistent when I'm sitting down. It acts up a bit when I move, and it really hurts as I go from sitting to standing or vice-versa. If it felt as bad all the time as it does when I'm changing posture, I'd have popped some of those pills.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Planetx_123 said...

Im glad everything went well!