I heard this song on the radio the other day, in a recording by the composer. It has always resonated with me for some reason. So when I got to the store, I sat in the parking lot and listened to it all the way through. Afterwards, the host of the show explained that Gordon Bok wrote it in response to a letter from a friend who said she was near despair.
The singer in this video is not as good as Gordon Bok (who sounds sorta like Pete Seeger and gets all the notes on pitch), but it's the only version I could find, and I want to share its message of hope with you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkfB7xR8F8k
If you find Gordon Bok's version, let me know. Hope you like the song.
4 comments:
very good song with a good message u know the guy singing didnt do bad on it he kinda fits for that song i thought.
naturgesetz elvis has left the building! u can listen now. sorry bout that!
He's okay. It's just that I like the original better.
The Lifehouse song is good. I could guess what it means to you at the moment, but I'd probably be wrong. Hope things get better.
I agree with Ryan, good song and good message!
Love,
Peyton
Post a Comment